Welcome - Explore my Blog

I've been keeping this blog for all of my beekeeping years and I am beginning my 19th year of beekeeping in April 2024. Now there are more than 1300 posts on this blog. Please use the search bar below to search the blog for other posts on a subject in which you are interested. You can also click on the "label" at the end of a post and all posts with that label will show up. At the very bottom of this page is a list of all the labels I've used.

Even if you find one post on the subject, I've posted a lot on basic beekeeping skills like installing bees, harvesting honey, inspecting the hive, etc. so be sure to search for more once you've found a topic of interest to you. And watch the useful videos and slide shows on the sidebar. All of them have captions. Please share posts of interest via Facebook, Pinterest, etc.

I began this blog to chronicle my beekeeping experiences. I have read lots of beekeeping books, but nothing takes the place of either hands-on experience with an experienced beekeeper or good pictures of the process. I want people to have a clearer picture of what to expect in their beekeeping so I post pictures and write about my beekeeping saga here.Master Beekeeper Enjoy with me as I learn and grow as a beekeeper.

Need help with an Atlanta area swarm? Visit Found a Swarm? Call a Beekeeper. ‪(404) 482-1848‬

Want to Pin this post?

Thursday, March 02, 2017

Where I have Been

Dear Blog Followers,

I have not posted since August 23 of last year, and I wanted to let you know about my absence. Beginning on that date in August, I have been dealing with two major health issues. A freckle on the retina of my eye started changing in a malignant direction and I've had to have treatment on it which has been scary and, of course, disruptive. And at the end of October, I slipped on a newly mopped floor, fell, and dislocated my right shoulder. In that fall I damaged the nerve that makes the upper arm work and wasn't able to lift anything (like bee hives).

However, I'm managing the eye problem and the nerve in my upper arm is slowly getting better (I can reach out to shake hands now, but still can't raise my arm above my head). So I'm back and hopefully will be blogging about my bees on a regular basis again.

In the middle of all of that, I was elected president of the Georgia Beekeepers Association in October, which has been quite a challenge with all of these health things going on, but I have tried to do a good job at that position and think I have so far. We had a great meeting in October (before my fall) and just had our "spring" meeting - always strikes me as funny that the spring meeting is while it is still cold. Our spring meeting included Marla Spivak - a fabulous, easy to listen to speaker.

I love writing this blog and have missed it, so I'm glad to be back.

Linda T

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back. Maybe you could update us on the number and setup of your hives now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Linda! Hope your recovery continues to go well. I am curious, what did Marla Spivak lecture on and were there any tidbits you could pass on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll put up a post today - she actually talked on three different topics and was completely wonderful. She's easy to understand and quite open in her presentation. I truly enjoyed her. I didn't get as much from her talks as sometimes because I had to introduce the speakers and it was stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so good to see you posting again! Sorry you had all that trouble but glad you are on the mend in time for bee season:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for your health issues. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete

Pin this post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...