Welcome - Explore my Blog

I've been keeping this blog for all of my beekeeping years and I am beginning my 19th year of beekeeping in April 2024. Now there are more than 1300 posts on this blog. Please use the search bar below to search the blog for other posts on a subject in which you are interested. You can also click on the "label" at the end of a post and all posts with that label will show up. At the very bottom of this page is a list of all the labels I've used.

Even if you find one post on the subject, I've posted a lot on basic beekeeping skills like installing bees, harvesting honey, inspecting the hive, etc. so be sure to search for more once you've found a topic of interest to you. And watch the useful videos and slide shows on the sidebar. All of them have captions. Please share posts of interest via Facebook, Pinterest, etc.

I began this blog to chronicle my beekeeping experiences. I have read lots of beekeeping books, but nothing takes the place of either hands-on experience with an experienced beekeeper or good pictures of the process. I want people to have a clearer picture of what to expect in their beekeeping so I post pictures and write about my beekeeping saga here.Master Beekeeper Enjoy with me as I learn and grow as a beekeeper.

Need help with an Atlanta area swarm? Visit Found a Swarm? Call a Beekeeper. ‪(404) 482-1848‬

Want to Pin this post?

Monday, July 14, 2014

Maker Camp at Google+ (free) makes bee condos

I got an interesting email today from Maker Camp and Google+.  Apparently they run a daily free camp for kids 13 - 18 about making different interesting and exciting projects.  They wrote to me because I have a bee blog and tomorrow they are making condos for solitary bees.

I've seen lots of bee condos on the Internet, but this seems like a fun project.  Here's the link for tomorrow's project.  Maker Camp looks intriguing.  I watched a video on how to make LED decorations for your shoes so you can truly light up a room!  It looked easy and fun.

So I plan to keep watching what they are doing but because the project looked like so much fun (and my grandchildren are still too young for such fun at ages 8, almost 5, and almost 3), I wanted to put it out there so some of you might enjoy doing the projects.

I may try a few even if I'm not 13 - 18.  All you do is tune in at 11AM PT/2 PM ET every day until August 15 when it is all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin this post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...