Welcome - Explore my Blog

I've been keeping this blog for all of my beekeeping years and I am beginning my 19th year of beekeeping in April 2024. Now there are more than 1300 posts on this blog. Please use the search bar below to search the blog for other posts on a subject in which you are interested. You can also click on the "label" at the end of a post and all posts with that label will show up. At the very bottom of this page is a list of all the labels I've used.

Even if you find one post on the subject, I've posted a lot on basic beekeeping skills like installing bees, harvesting honey, inspecting the hive, etc. so be sure to search for more once you've found a topic of interest to you. And watch the useful videos and slide shows on the sidebar. All of them have captions. Please share posts of interest via Facebook, Pinterest, etc.

I began this blog to chronicle my beekeeping experiences. I have read lots of beekeeping books, but nothing takes the place of either hands-on experience with an experienced beekeeper or good pictures of the process. I want people to have a clearer picture of what to expect in their beekeeping so I post pictures and write about my beekeeping saga here.Master Beekeeper Enjoy with me as I learn and grow as a beekeeper.

Need help with an Atlanta area swarm? Visit Found a Swarm? Call a Beekeeper. ‪(404) 482-1848‬

Want to Pin this post?

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Honey-Bee News

From a post on Beemaster, I have found a marvelous resource for bee news and movies.

It's the Honey-Bee News.

The news articles are presented in an inviting way, with pictures to pique your curiosity. All in all it is a fabulous and useful site. Be sure not only to read the well-stocked list of news items, but also visit the "movies" page and watch the informative and helpful movies that are there.

I believe from clicking on the movie clips that are there, that you can watch the entirety of the program from Nature: The Silence of the Bees.

The page comes from someone in Valdosta, GA. I can't seem to find the name of the generous soul who has put all of this together, but we beekeepers are lucky that he/she has.

2 comments:

  1. how neat that they have an entire site dedicated to bees! I enjoyed looking through it. I'm really starting to think bees are cool :) I've avoided them my whole life because of a very bad allergy but it's nice to learn. They're awesome little creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:51 PM

    Hi Linda, my name is Jeff Barnett and I am the editor of www.honeybee-news.com. Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am an active duty officer in the Marine Corps and work on this site in my spare time. I truely love beekeeping and hope to raise queens/packages full time once I retire in about 7 years. I am always looking for constructive feedback to make the site better for all beekeepers. Best of luck in the '09 year.
    s/
    Jeff Barnett
    Editor www.honeybee-news.com
    editor@honeybee-news.com
    ph:229-232-5154

    ReplyDelete

Pin this post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...